What patients have access to online
Here is an overview of the services that are available online to patients in each health region.
Here is an overview of the services that are available online to patients in each health region. You can see what services are already available to everyone and what services are expected to be launched in the different regions in the course of 2016.
NORTHERN NORWAY REGIONAL HEALTH AUTHORITY
- The summary care records ('Kjernejournal') are already available, but UNN will only start using this service on 1 January 2016.
- Access to own patient records available to everyone from December.
- Treatment choice helps the patient to choose between different treatment alternatives via a webpage.
- The summary care records are not available for the hospitals Finnmarkssykehuset, Nordlandssykehuset and Helgelandssykehuset until later in 2016.
- Self-service solution for checking, confirming and changing appointments at outpatient clinics. Log on via helsenorge.no.
- Edialogue, which provides a secure electronic solution for dialogue between the patient and the hospital via helsenorge.no.
CENTRAL NORWAY REGIONAL HEALTH AUTHORITY
- Summary care records are available to all patients.
- Self-service check-in at outpatient clinics at St. Olavs Hospital and the hospitals in Nord-Trøndelag county.
- Registration of own personal data and information about patients' own condition and the perceived quality of the services.
- Information about patient care pathways available on the website. Here, the patient will find information about what is going to be done and in what order and the medical procedures.
- Follow-up of patients in psychiatry, habilitation and rehabilitation. These are tailor-made solutions aimed at specific groups.
- Text message reminders of appointments.
- It is being considered whether to introduce a solution for overview of appointments and access to own patient records via digital citizen services at helsenorge.no.
- It is being considered whether to introduce a solution for electronic letters and invoices to the patient.
- Participation in a project with the City of Trondheim on follow-up of chronically ill people at home. This is part of the Directorate of Health's Samveis project, in which welfare technology will be tested.
WESTERN NORWAY REGIONAL HEALTH AUTHORITY
- Summary care records are available to all patients.
- Send messages to change, cancel or confirm appointments. Can ask questions. Appointments can be synched with patient's own calendar.
- Conclude treatment.
- Overview of appointments and status of referrals, also applies to own children under the age of 12.
- Access to documents in own health archive.
- Electronic version of appointment letter (currently only in Førde Health Trust).
- Sending messages to the hospital if the patient has any questions about his/her own case or about his/her own children under the age of 12. The hospital can currently only answer questions by phone.
- Authorisation to administer appointments for others or authorise others to do so. See log of other people's use.
- Self-service solution for booking certain appointments.
- Overview of own regular GP appointments, and electronic dialogue with the regular GP.
- Access to an electronic version of appointment letter in all health trusts.
- Online access to own patient records.
- Online dialogue with the care pathway coordinator. The service also shows the name of the care pathway coordinator for cancer treatment packages.
- Communication via electronic messages with the patient.
- Help to fill in and submit different forms via the online solution.
SOUTH-EASTERN NORWAY REGIONAL HEALTH AUTHORITY
- The summary care records are only available to patients receiving treatment at Akershus University Hospital.
- Self-service solution for changing, cancelling or confirming appointments. Registering as a blood or sperm donor and making an appointment for a chlamydia test. Ordering free treatment aids through the web shop at 'My Patient Record'. Haemophiliacs can write directly in their own records, and the doctors at the hospital can read these notes in the records.
- Communication with the hospital through safe messages via 'My Patient Record'.
- Access to notes in the patient records. A pilot project involving access to lab results is under way.
- Help to fill in different forms the patients must submit to the hospital in connection with treatment, follow-up or preparation for consultations.
- Learning and mastery solution via Dia:Clock – a visualisation tool in which the patient can see the connections between food intake, activity, insulin and blood sugar.
- Access to lab results
- eConsultation solution
- Tracking referrals
- Sending sensor data to the hospital
- Sending structured data to the hospital (Dips Arena)
- Migration of services to helsenorge.no
- Plan for summary care records 2016: Sørlandet Hospital, Innlandet Hospital, Oslo University Hospital and Sunnaas Hospital.
- Plan for summary care records 2017: Østfold Hospital, Vestre Viken Health Trust, Vestfold Hospital and Telemark Hospital.
HEALTH SERVICES THAT APPLY TO EVERYONE
- Patient charges: Everyone can see the patient charges they have paid for health services and their exemption card status.
- My regular GP: Everyone who lives in Norway is entitled to be registered with a regular GP. With 'My regular GP', you can find and change your regular GP yourself.
- ePrescriptions: ePrescriptions are now available across Norway. This means that the doctor sends the prescription directly to the pharmacy electronically.
- My vaccines: My vaccines enables you to print a vaccine card in Norwegian and English. You can also see your own and your children's vaccine status.
- European Health Insurance Card: if you are a member of the Norwegian National Insurance scheme and you are staying temporarily in another EEA country or Switzerland, you should have a European Health Insurance Card. Order one via helsenorge.no
- Side effects: You can register the side effects of medication using the online registration form. You can also register side effects on behalf of your next-of-kin.